Let's just pretend that my last post wasn't a November goals post okay? & let's not even talk about the goals that I didn't accomplish. #suchislife
But hey December is here, yay December!
Here are some wonderful things I'm looking forward to in December:
-my grandparents come home in like less than a week, for the rest of the month& that makes me happy, happy, happy #yasyasyas
-my seester graduates nursing school, she'll be an lpn once passes board. Proud sister alert goes to me.
-both my brother Ryan & my mom celebrate birthdays this month, hard to believe my baby brother is going to be 15. WHO TOLD HIM HE COULD GET OLDER?!
-CHRISTMAS. Favorite time of the year. Love our traditions. From the infamous pick-ups that my family pulls off each Christmas Eve to the morning reading of the story of the Birth of Jesus, to our gift card tournament, which last year included air hockey and darts.
I figured I'd share some goals as well:
-figure out my goals for 2017.
-write up my 2016 year in review.
-set a 2017 reading goal.
-read 2 books.
-go visit my mom sometime this month to celebrate Christmas
-pay for my tim&faith ticket.
01 November 2016
Happy November! I hope everyone had a safe and fun night last night! I worked, but got to dress up, so that was fun. I'm starting November with a clean slate & excited to see where this month takes me, but I do have a few goals that I am hoping to accomplish this month
My big goal this month is going to be NaNoWriMo which I've tried with different levels of effort over the past six years, this will hopefully be my year to get it done!
I also have a few secondary goals!
Show up in this space at least once a week, which may not seem like a lot, but because of NaNo, that's all I'm going to aim for.
Read one book a week, which is actually more than what I've been averaging of late, which is quite sad if you ask me.
What's one goal you have for the month of November? Are you participating in NaNo?
31 October 2016
Catching up… on my blog reading and blogging in general, I haven't blogged since the beginning of the month, longest I've gone without blogging since I've been writing here.
Reading… Yes Please! by Amy Poehler. I just finished Chip & Joanna Gaines' book, "The Magnolia Story" and I really liked it a lot.
Eating… all the chocolate and all of the salty things. #itsthattime
Feeling… excited and nervous about the start of NoJoMo I may be pantsing it more than I care to admit, but we'll see how it goes.
Enjoying… the last four days. I had Thursday through Sunday off Went to a concert Friday night and although the venue isn't one of my favorites, Kip Moore put on an awesome show! Photo cred goes to my friend Vanessa on the above picture.
Missing… Ziva on NCIS, I'm binging it on Netflix at the moment and I just watched the episode where she said goodbye. #tivaforever
Looking forward to… NoJoMo!
Wanting… to buy all the books this next month! Anna Kendrick has a book out, Lauren Graham as well and Jeff Gordon is releasing his book as well!
Watching… NCIS on Netflix. Just caught up on This is Us a few days ago, I've got more than a few shows that i've got more than a few episodes to watch, I'm putting all of my free time into NCIS. I'm a few episodes into season 11.
Thankful for… my people. My close friends and my family. They truly are my backbone.
01 October 2016
Bailey actually started off her Blogtember with this either/or survey, and I loved the idea of it, so I thought I'd share it now that it's October, say WHAT?
- Coffee or tea? Coffee,
- Black and white or color? This is one I can't choose either or on, I love both.
- Drawings or paintings? Paintings.
- Dresses or skirts? Dresses!
- Books or movies? Books.
- Pepsi or Coke? Diet Coke, of course. Pepsi always tastes flat.
- Chinese or Italian? Italian all the way.
- Early bird or night owl? Lean more towards night owl.
- Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate anything.
- Introvert or extrovert? Extroverted introvert.
- Hugs or kisses? I love hugs.
- Hunting or fishing? Fishing.
- Winter or summer? Depends on when you ask me, right now I'll say Winter because I haven't had to deal with snow and cold for 9 months. But if you ask me in a month or two I'll tell you summer.
- Spring or fall? Fall.
- Rural or urban? Small-town USA is where I love.
- PC or Mac? I like PC just fine.
- Tan or pale? Pale
- Cake or pie? Depends on my mood.
- Ice cream or yogurt? Ice cream.
- Ketchup or mustard? Ranch.
- Sweet pickles or dill pickles? Dill.
- Comedy or mystery? Comedy
- Boots or sandals? BOOTS!
- Silver or gold? White gold
- Jazz or classical? Neither.
- Dancing or singing? Dancing.
- Checkers or chess? Checkers.
- Board games or video games? Board games.
- Wine or beer? Wine. But it can't be too dry
- Freckles or dimples? Freckles.
- Honey mustard or BBQ sauce? Honey Mustard.
- Body weight exercises or lifting weights? Meh.
- Baseball or basketball? I'm more of a hockey fan.
- Crossword puzzles or sudoku? Crossword
- Facial hair or clean shaven? Five o' clock shadows are my favorite.
- Crushed ice or cubed ice? Crushed!
- Skiing or snowboarding? Sitting in the cabin with hot coffee watching everyone.
- Smile or game face? Smile.
- Bracelet or necklace? Necklace.
- Fruit or vegetables? Fruit!
- Sausage or bacon? Bacon.
- Scrambled or fried? Over easy.
- Dark chocolate or white chocolate? White chocolate.
- Tattoos or piercings? I would like a tattoo
- Antique or brand new? Depends.
- Dress up or dress down? Dress down
- Cowboys or aliens? Cowboys duh,
- Cats or dogs? Big dogs who think they can be lap dogs.
- Pancakes or waffles? Pancakes
- Bond or Bourne? Mills. (Liam Neeson in Taken)(Keeping Bailey's answer here)
- Sci-Fi or fantasy? Fantasy.
- Numbers or letters? Letters. Not a math person in the least.
- Star Wars or Star Trek? Um.
- Fair or theme park? State fair.
- Money or fame? Uh.... money?
- Washing dishes or doing laundry? Laundry. I hate dealing with dirty dishes.
- Snakes or sharks? Negative ghost rider
- Orange juice or apple juice? OJ!.
- Sunrise or sunset? Sunset
- Slacker or over-achiever? Over-achiever but skilled procrastinator. #truerwords
- Pen or pencil? Pen.
- Peanut butter or jelly? Peanut butter or Nutella.
- Grammys or Oscars? ACMs or CMAs
- Detailed or abstract? Detailed.
- Multiple choice questions or essay questions? Multiple choice
- Adventurous or cautious? I'm a mix of both
- Saver or spender? Unfortunately I'm more of a spender.
- Glasses or contacts? Glasses.
- Laptop or desktop? Laptop.
- Classic or modern? Classic.
- Personal chef or personal fitness trainer? Chef.
- Internet or cell phone? Both.
- Call or text? Text. Duh.
- Curly hair or straight hair? Mine leans more toward the straighter side of wavy.
- Shower in the morning or shower in the evening? Evening usually..
- Spicy or mild? Mild.
- Marvel or DC? Uh..... what's the difference...?
- Paying a mortgage or paying rent? Mortgage would be nice because you actually get to own the house at some point, but currently I pay rent.
- Sky dive or bungee jump? Sky Dive if I have to choose.
- Oreos or Chips Ahoy? Oreos
- Jello or pudding? Pudding
- Truth or dare? Truth.
- Roller coaster or Ferris wheel? Roller coaster.
- Leather or denim? Denim.
- Stripes or solids? Stripes.
- Bagels or muffins? Donuts. With sprinkles.
- Whole wheat or white? White
- Beads or pearls? Beads
- Hardwood or carpet? Hardwood.
- Bright colors or neutral tones? Best of both worlds.
- Be older than you are or younger than you are? I'm liking 24 so far.
- Raisins or nuts? Raisins.
- Picnic or nice restaurant? Picnic.
- Black leather or brown leather? Brown leather.
- Long hair or short hair? Long.
- “Ready, aim, fire” or “Ready, fire, aim”? Ready, aim, fire.
- Fiction or non-fiction? Fiction!
- Smoking or non-smoking? Non.
- Think before you talk or talk before you think? I'm guilty of talking before I think a lot, but I also think a lot before I talk so depends. .
- Asking questions or answering questions? Mixture of both